What you will need:
- A VIA Freeze controlled rate freezer running a software version of at least 2.0.0.
- An Admin user account for your Chronicle instance.
Get an API Key
- Log into Chronicle at (https://starter.chronicle.bio) or your organization's custom domain.
- Navigate to the equipment record that represents the freezer we are trying to set up on Chronicle. If a record for this piece of equipment does not yet exist you will need to create one as described here: Creating instrument records.
- Take a note of the API password that is displayed for the device.
Enter the API password into the freezer
On the VIA Freeze itself, navigate to the my.Cryochain menu screen ("System Manager" -> "my.Cryochain"). my.Cryochain was the original name for Chronicle when it was limited to cryogenic instruments only.
You will be presented with a form to fill in. The "my.Cryochain domain" box should contain the URL that is used to access the Chronicle instance. An example for "demo.cryochain.com" is shown below, but many customers will now use "starter.chronicle.bio".
The system will then try and log into the Chronicle instance that was specified. If it is successful, the following pop-up should appear:
The system should now be able to be able to upload runs, synchronise profiles and users and all other features that require a Chronicle instance to work.
If you see the following error message:
Check the domain name and API key that were entered were correct before trying again. If the problem persists, please raise a ticket.
It may also help to check the equipment as it is listed on the Chronicle instance. Does the serial number correctly match the serial number printed on the back of the VIA Freeze unit?