In this article, we will go through the device-specific instructions for connecting a Sefia to Chronicle through a Chronicle Gateway. Find out how to install a Chronicle Gateway here. We will first create the equipment record, then alter the configuration of the Sefia.
- An account on Chronicle that can create new equipment records
- An instance of the Chronicle Gateway accessible to the Sefia over its LAN
- The address of the Chronicle Gateway on the network (either via its static IP address or hostname)
- Opened TCP Port 5656 on the firewall of the Chronicle Gateway being connected to
- The service password for the Sefia
Creating the Equipment Record
Enter the details on the page, making sure to select "Sefia" from the dropdown box for "Device Type".
You should then be presented with a screen as shown below, detailing your newly created Sefia equipment.
Altering the Configuration of the Sefia to Communicate with the Chronicle Gateway
- Power on the Sefia Device using the power switch at the back.
- Wait for the Sefia to finish its initial boot.
- Log in as the SERVICE user by pressing the button in the top-right of the screen and entering the service password.
- Enter the settings menu:
- Select Tracability
- You should see the following screen:
- Ensure that the "SepaxNet Activated" button shows a green tick.
- Ensure that the "Send Log Activated" button shows a green tick.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the Chronicle Gateway into the "SepaxNet Host Name" field.