In this article, we will go through the device-specific instructions for connecting a Sefia to Chronicle through a Chronicle Gateway. Find out how to install a Chronicle Gateway here. We will first create the equipment record, then alter the configuration of the Sefia.
- An account on Chronicle that can create new equipment records
- An instance of the Chronicle Gateway accessible to the Sefia over its LAN
- The address of the Chronicle Gateway on the network (either via its static IP address or hostname)
- Opened TCP Port 5656 on the firewall of the Chronicle Gateway being connected to
Creating the Equipment Record
Enter the details on the page, making sure to select "Sefia" from the dropdown box for "Device Type".
When you have selected "Sefia" the form will alter to also show you a "Hostname" entry. This is a required field when creating a Sefia record, and can be found by navigating the Sefia menus. See the section below Determining the Hostname of the Sefia Instrument.
You should then be presented with a screen as shown below, detailing your newly created Sefia equipment.
Altering the Configuration of the Sefia to Communicate with the Chronicle Gateway
- Power on the Sefia Instrument using the power switch at the back.
- Wait for the Sefia to finish its initial boot.
- To perform the following steps, it is required that the user who will log into the Sefia has access to the Settings --> Traceability menu. This can be easily verified with the default ADMIN account, which enables to check the access rights of the different users.
Alternatively the ADMIN account can also be used to perform the following steps.
Log in as the desired user by pressing the button in the top-right of the screen and entering the corresponding password.
- Enter the Settings menu:
- Select Traceability
- You should see the following screen:
- Ensure that the "SepaxNet Activated" button shows a green tick.
- Ensure that the "Send Log Activated" button shows a green tick.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the Chronicle Gateway into the "SepaxNet Host Name" field.
Determining the Hostname of the Sefia Instrument
Unlike the previous sections of this post, the hostname of the Sefia instrument can be accessed to with any type of account.
1. Power on the Sefia instrument using the power switch at the back.
2. Wait for the Sefia to finish its initial boot.
3. Click on the Log in button on the top right corner of the interface and enter the desired user name and indicate the corresponding password into the password prompt.
4. From the starting menu, enter the Settings menu.
5. Select System Information.
6. On the following screen, the last line will be called "Computer Name".
It will have the format: “BP-XXXXXXXXXXXX”.